Wednesday, July 29, 2009

HAVE SO MUCH MORE TO CATCH UP ON BUT...... OMG.. IM GOING TO DO AN IRONMAN IN A MONTH....

SO much has happened in the past few weeks since my last blog and at the moment (story of my life..) I don't have time to update this all right now. But today.. in the last 24 hours.. I have had a few things come to a major realization.

1. Wow what a year I have had and I am blessed by my friends who support my decision for this sport to be a part.. a MAJOR part of my life.

2. I AM GOING TO TAKE ON THE MOST PHYSICAL CHALLENGE I CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE... IN A MONTH.. I WILL BE A CHANGED PERSON ONCE I START .. AND FINISH THAT RACE.

ON AUGUST 30.. I WILL BE AN IRONMAN. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?

DO YOU?

HONESTLY DO YOU ?

DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT HAS TAKEN TO GET TO THIS POINT?

Granted- I am not physically in the condition I had hoped for by now.. but I am going to endure it and pursue, and dream big, and finish what I started anyway! So many people along this journey have doubted me, judged me, persecuted me for the lack of time I have for family and friends and other social obligations because I have to train, or get up early to work or this or that... but it matters most, what lies behind my decision to complete this enormous feat.

... some of you care, some don't and that's all OK. For those of you who will read these next coming blogs and have emotions stir up inside you that you and only you can relate to.. .... thank you. Thank you for your understanding. Thank you for your support, and compassion, and your belief that ...well..... Being an IRONMAN is an accomplishment that I can ...well.. that I CAN!

I'm off to meet with a client who is a 16 yr old kid aspiring to PR his 500 yd free time this year. I can see soooo much of myself in him and realize how much the next 16 years will change him. It certainly did me.

I promise to catch up soon.

I have GOT TO TELL YOU ALL ABOUT MINNEAPOLIS.. AND MY FIRST AND ONLY 100 MILE RIDE THIS YEAR.. urgh.. BUT NOT LAST..

:-)

Thanks for reading...

and supporting!!!!
xox
k

1 comment:

  1. I am SO PROUD of you and absolutely AMAZED by what you can do, and for how far you have come! You are an inspiration for me to get off my duff and DO SOMETHING! :-) I know you can do this! If you can do all of this, surely I can get it in gear to do a tri by the spring. What do you think? M(ooley)F(oo)

    ReplyDelete