Thursday, May 9, 2013

Well onto the next Phase......



Hey Hey Friends!!!! Well, Whaddya Know?!!!!?

So a LOT has happened since I last really blogged. I finally completed in my first Ironman at Louisville 2009-which was AWESOME. 



While training in 2010 for my second IM, I fell at CrossFit and broke my right foot pretty badly. I was in a boot for MONTHS and spent most of 2011 rehabbing. I rehabbed poorly! In 2012 I bit off more than I could chew and wasn't ready and had yet another set of injuries including one which put me back into a boot for the rest of 2012 and into 2013.
   
 I started out 2013 with a goal of running the Marathon Relay for GO! StLouis! I ran, slowly, my first 7 1/2 miles in years! It felt good and bad. Racing and competing hasn't been in my lifestyle for several years and I have been itching to get back into it. Maybe this year will be the year I can do something cool again. I have missed my racing body and being to eat chocolate cake guilt free knowing I will burn it off on a 100 mile bike ride on Saturday. I haven't even ridden 50 miles on my bike in years. So on a physical note, things have been moving rather slowly.

On a personal level however, in 2010, Matt proposed to me while I was in my wheelchair with my broken foot and created a spectacular event called DiamondMan where he made a mock triathlon that I could do in my wheelchair while about 30 friends and family members watched and cheered me on. Of course I won the entire race and my prize was a diamond engagement ring! How cool was that!


We married on October 8, 2011 in Destin Florida. It was a small beach wedding with just our family and our wedding party. It was PERFECT! We even completed our vows with a plank! (had to throw in my personal flair)
We were able to spend two wonderful weeks in St. Barths for our honeymoon and fell IN LOVE with the small island. We have been dying to go back!!! 


How can you not love this view!?

So since then we have been renting a house in U-City and loving life. Getting used to the idea of being married has had its challenges as expected but I think we are figuring it out pretty well. 

So now onto the next phase.........




****Matt has decided to give me lessons in math. As most of you know I completely SUCK at math and if it weren't for my fingers I couldn't get through simple addition. Fortunately I married a very patient man and he is willing to take his time and make sure I can accurately add.

Lesson 1.

1+1=3

This is the goal. He is willing to keep giving me lessons until I can get it right. 

1+1=3. 

Wish us luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment